11 June, 2008

Meeting 02/06/08

Meeting 02/06/08

Chair: Ben Daniel
Attendance: Luke Johnstone, Dean Perkins, Scott Hebbard, Cherie Brown, James Romerill
Absent: Marcus Kirkpatrick, Kate Perry

Star time: 1.30
End Time: 2.30

Discussion
Scott
  • Prototype to be shown to scott
  • Show scott signed off SRS
Cherie
  • Looked over the SRS
  • Signed off the SRS
  • Discussed role changes
  • To email chereie MDhosting contact numbers
  • Content from old site still valid now
  • Went through sign in and passwords that will be used on the site
  • She mentioned navy blue to be the main colour scheme for the site
Group
  • Collanos
  • Decide new QA next Meeting
  • Kate is the new Client Liaison
  • Next Meeting to be Wednesday
  • Need client input form for the site design
  • Ben to meet with marcus at 3.30pm

29 May, 2008

Thursday 29th May, 2008

Time: c. 3:40PM - 4:50PM
Location: Room F312, University of Ballarat, Mt. Helen Campus
Chair: Ben Daniel.
Minute-Taker: Marcus Kirkpatrick.

Attendees (Required): Ben Daniel, Marcus Kirkpatrick, Kate Perry and James Romeril.
Attendees (Optional): N/A
Absentees: Luke Johnstone (University requirements) and Dean Perkins (family-related).

Supervisor(s): N/A
Client: N/A

Next Meeting: TBA
Time: TBA
Location: TBA

Agenda:
An agenda was not set for this meeting. It was an open discussion.

Discussed Items:
1. Cherie & Client Meeting (Monday 2nd June, 2008)
- Cherie requested that the client meeting be moved from 2:00PM to 1:00PM.
> Unavailabilities (at this newly proposed time):
o Ben, Dean and Marcus.

- The meeting may need to be re-assigned to SWOTVAC.

- It would be ideal if all team members could attend this meeting, as there is a potential issue with the signing of documents:
> Marcus advised that the signatures can be done virtually (as was the case with the Tender Proposal), therefore, the meeting can take place in either SWOTVAC or with just 2-3 people as opposed to the entire team.

- The meeting will go ahead with just Ben, Luke and James:
> A suitable time needs to be organised for when these team members and the client can meet together.

2. Collanos
- A 'draft' folder needs to be created in Collanos for documents that are currently under draft (so final versions are not accidentally over-written).
- Marcus will create this folder when uploading his timesheet.

3. Team Gmail Account
- The gmail account NEEDS to be used - it has come to our attention that other e-mail accounts are still be used for external correspondences - this should NOT be the case.

- All correspondence should be forwarded from Luke's student webmail account to the gmail account.
> Luke also needs to inform the client of the address change.

- Ben is to inform Luke of what is required.

4. Versioning
- Document versioning has become a problem for this group, as there is still some confusion as to how versioning ought to be undertaken.
- Marcus and the team members present at the meeting went over a proposed solution on the whiteboard.
- Marcus is to convey this information to the other team members (who were unable to attend) when possible.

- The following documents require a versioning table:
> SADD, SRS and SPMP.

Other:
- Thursday 5th June, 2008 Meeting:
> Brainstorm ideas session (site design / layout);
> Organisation of SWOTVAC and exam meeting times;
> Quality Assurance Manager (QAM), Communications Officer and Client Liason roles also need to be discussed (per Luke's departure); and
> Ben is still yet to schedule the meeting time, however, it will most likely be after 1:30PM.

26 May, 2008

26/05/08 Meeting Minutes

Start time: 1.30pm
Finish Time: 2.00pm

Chair: Ben Daniel
Attendance: Scott Hebbard, Luke Johnstone, Dean Perkins, Kate Perry

Absent: Marcus Kirkpatrick, James Romerill

Discussion
Scott
  • SADD being sent to Scott today
  • Ben to meet with scott at 4.30 to install Collanos
  • Dean to put a link to the web site on Collanos
  • Prototype is there and ready just needing the design document
  • Velorum is now working correctly and has correct links
  • Timesheets will be looked at by Scott on Monday
  • Marcus and James to hurry with there timesheets pls
  • SRS mark hopefully next week
  • Client meeting to be orgainised for next week.

Group
Research Document was discussed and what needs to be included into that:

  • Needs 2 sections
  • why we went for CMS
  • why open sauce and not hand coded or payed software

Putting old minutes up on the blog?? general consences is no as long as there on Collanos

  • Dean to take over SADD form james after draft. TP3
  • Meetings will continu on a Monday during SWOT VAC and exams. Will need peoples avaliabitly for those time as well as holidays to arrange meetings for them
  • Calender in gmail account (avaliabilty)???
  • Kate status report to scott and Luke

Research Report

  • Kate CMS Vs Standalone
  • Dean Open sauce Vs Hand Coding Vs Paid site

20 May, 2008

19/05/08 Meeting

Chair: Ben Daniel
Attendance: Luke Johnstone, Kate Perry,
James Romeril, Scott Hebbard
Absent: Dean Perkins, Marcus Kirkpatrick

Time Start: 1:30pm
Time Finished: 2:15pm

Discussion (Scott)

  • Discussed role declaration
  • We have officially dropped PHP and Dot project. Now moved fully to Collanos.
  • Scott needs time sheets
  • Upload time sheets to Collanos
  • Going to set Scott up with Collanos by Monday
  • Need to use one layout for time sheets
  • James is using his own template for the SADD
  • We have a basic working prototype

SADD Discussion (James)

  • Joomla based on PHP and mysql
  • Set up structure of document
  • completed a number of paragraphs

Talked about some things that should be included in the Research document:

  • not just a comparison
  • why we have picked and how we can enhance Joomla to meet the clients needs
  • justification
  • key features of Joomla

By next week for Scott!!

  • Prototype
  • Draft SADD
  • Collanos on Scott's PC

Scott mentioned our marks and that we achieved a HD on our presentation. We are setting on a fairly good grade at the moment just waiting for Scott and Kathleen to meet to get our SRS grade.

  • We are now going to meet every week with Scott due to the work load now increasing

Discussion (group)

  • Time sheets need to be completed and up now. From now on each week time sheet has to be up by Sunday night at 5pm
  • If anyone has agenda items then you must out them in an email and send to Ben the night before.
  • Ben is adding another user to Collanos which is his mobile one.
  • Dean still to put minutes up on Collanos
  • Minutes are now to be up withing 48hrs of a meeting
  • Possible Week 13 client meeting to be held in order to sign off on the SRS etc.
  • Luke will email Cherie about changes made eg. no longer using dotProject now Collanos
  • Kate is to email Luke with a Status report
  • James has completed roughly 20% of the SADD, basic structure down. also doing a template for the clients site.
  • Luke is starting to do a QA document
  • Kate is now going to take out the Risk management section of the SPMP and make it into another full Risk management Document
  • On collanos task will be set from meetings by Ben and it is up to everyone to change the status of those tasks that you are undertaking.

That's about it.


19 May, 2008

15/5/08 meeting minutes

General meeting details:

Chair: Ben Daniel
Attendees: Marcus Kirkpatrick, Dean Perkins, Kate Perry
Absent: Luke Johnstone, James Romeril

Start: 3:30pm
Finish: 4:00pm
Location: F312, Mt Helen Campus, UOB

Items discussed:

  • Collanos has been adopted as the project team's primary working area. Collanos is a multi-user, peer-to-peer file sharing and organiser which will greatly simplify our document building, editing and review processes by ensuring everyone has the same copy of a given file at the same time.
    • In lieu of this decision, PHProjekt will no longer be the primary online resource for the project team. However, it will be kept operational in case it is needed again.
    • Scott Hebbard is to be granted access to Collanos at the earliest mutually convenient time, in keeping with his project supervision role.
    • Team members will login from 7-10pm whenever possible, to ensure everyone's Collanos workspace is up to date. Ben Daniel will have his Collanos server online as much as possible to assist this process.
  • Standardised meeting agendas will now be used for every meeting, complete with generic, frequently-used action items such as 'status reports on active tasks' and 'supervisor feedback'. Other action items will be added by the meeting chair as deemed necessary.

14 May, 2008

New blog for meeting minutes.

Just set this up so we can post our minutes here.

Check back soon for updates.

12 May, 2008

Monday 12th May, 2008

Time: c. 3:30PM - 4:30PM.
Location: Room T233, University of Ballarat, Mt. Helen Campus.
Chair: Ben Daniel.
Minute-Taker: Marcus Kirkpatrick.

Attendees (Required): Ben Daniel, Luke Johnstone, Marcus Kirkpatrick, Dean Perkins, Kate Perry and James Romeril.
Attendees (Optional): N/A
Absentees: N/A

Supervisor(s): N/A
Client: N/A

Next Meeting: TBA
Time: TBA
Location: TBA

Agenda:
An agenda was not set for this meeting. It was an open discussion.

Discussed Items:
1. Groove or Collanos
- It was assumed that per the prior meeting, team members will have researched Collanos - very few had.
- Ben Daniel provided a brief overview of the Groove (Microsoft Office-based) and Collanos File Management Systems (FMS).

- A decision is to be made as to which FMS will be used:
> Collanos was officialy declared the FMS of choice as some team members are still without Microsoft Office 2007.

- Usage / content rules will also need to be defined, but this will take place after installation.

2. SADD
- The SADD needs to have drafts prepared and readied for submission.

- There are also other scheduling matters that need to be taken into account, but this ought to be discussed by the developers - Dean and James.

- James is to undertake the SADD.

3. Prototype
- Dean and James need to begin development on a working prior prototype that needs to be finalised by the end of the semester.

4. Gmail Usage
- It was proposed that a team gmail account will be used for the project.
- How is this supposed to work and what policies should be in place for it?
> All extneral correspondence needs to go through the team gmail account - team.e.uob@gmail.com; and
> Luke is to e-mail Cherie to inform her of the new e-mail address and contact details.

5. DotProject
- Do we close this site down and transfer all files to PHProjekt?
- Dean would prefer to leave the DotProject active and utilise it as a back-up resource in case something happens to PHProjekt.
> This view was supported by the team.

6. Team Web Site - Status Report REQUIRED
- A status report regarding the team web site site is required.
- As James is the administrator of the web site he is required to give a status report:
> James advised that he had sent e-mail correspondence earlier this morning, and all could review it at their leisure.

7. TP3 & TP4 Timetables
- Ben suggested that all team members pre-plan their TP3 timetables to ensure that each member is available for at least one meeting a week.
- The team decided not to do this as it would be too hard to organise. Especially for Marcus and Dean whom are studying a double degree - Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Computing - and often have timetable clashes between the School of Business and the School of ITMS.

8. Communication Update - Ben
- As a way of keeping the team informed, Ben wished to announce the following:
> Over the next few days, Ben will be keeping his mobile version of MSN Messanger active when he is not at home;
o This will not be done all the time at the moment, but will become a regular thing once he works out how much data transfer is used.
> Push mail will generally be active when Ben is at the university campus or out of the office - mail@bendaniel.id.au; and
> Ben's blog is going to become active again after being idle for about a month. Ben intends to start posting his own project status there. The first post for project status is already online - http://bendaniel.id.au/blog.

Other:
- Supervisor: Ben has spoken to Scott today and there will be a supervisor's meeting next week. Ben will be e-mailing Scott an unapproved version (1.15) of the SPMP later this week.